15 Minute Spicy Chickpea Tomato Refrigerator Salad
15 Minute Spicy Chickpea Tomato Refrigerator Salad is an delicious side dish loaded with vegetables and protein. You can take this to your pot luck BBQ or refrigerator for lunch the next day!
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion from a small red onion
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 small Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 Jalapenos diced seeds removed
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 stalks green onions diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
Place the diced onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water.
Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain.
Set to the side cover with a paper to to absorb the excess water.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss well.
Add the onion and stir to combine.
Taste and adjust seasoning with more lemon, salt, and pepper, if necessary.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Toss well before serving.