Are you a pasta salad lover but just wish you had a way to make it healthier so you felt less guilty? Vegetable Pasta Salad has the same great taste as the summer classic with less carbs. I absolutely love cooking with zoodles and adding the flavor of the butter nut squash was absolutely perfect to give that great taste to this low carb dish.
What I love most about this pasta salad is that the delicious cheese and meats are still included. If you think like me at a BBQ when I dish myself a generous portion of pasta salad, I make sure to have plenty of meat and cheese chunks. Which is arguably the best part.
You will want have a spiralizer in your kitchen for this recipe. This one works great!
Prep the vegetable noodles by washing the vegetables and processing the zucchini and butternut squash through your spiralizer. Once they are spiraled, add them to the water and bring to a boil.
As the noodles come to a boil, prepare your ingredients that to add in. You know- the best part (wink)
Once the veggie noodles are prepared, add them each into the bowl and combine together by lightly mixing.
What I love about this recipe, it is not drowned in over bearing Italian dressing. I love pasta salad, it is like one of my favorite summer side dishes, however I dislike when every bit of it is dripping in Italian dressing and that is all you can taste. This recipe perfectly combines seasoning that taste great, but you can even taste the veggie noodles and the meats and cheese.
Add the seasonings into the bowl and mix lightly.
Whisk these ingredients into the the veggie noodle pasta and finish with the perfectly paired Parmesan cheese.
Once the Parmesan cheese has been added, chill until you are ready to make all your BBQ guests wow at this delicious healthy, summer side dish.
Vegetable Noodle Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Zucchini Spirals
- 8 oz Butternut Squash Spirals
- 1/8 c Olive oil
- 1/8 c Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese cubed
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 c Cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz Pepperoni cubed
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- Place the butternut squash and zucchini spirals into a pot, and cover with water. Place on the stove over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the “noodles” becomes more tender, but still have a bit of crunch to them.
- Strain the veggie spirals, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl with the veggie spirals, add in the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and pepperoni. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir with a whisk to combine well.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the veggie mixture in the large bowl, and toss to coat.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the mixture, and stir to combine.
- Chill, and serve cold. Store uneaten “pasta” salad in an airtight container.