Taco Tuesday! Tacos are my favorite meal. My fiancé loves Taco Bell. Yikes! So we meet in the middle. I make home made tacos to fill our tummies with delicious nutritious tacos instead of whatever in the world Taco Bell’s beef is made of.
We love tacos, but I know sometimes you just want/need a low carb taco. Which means- sacrificing the shell or making a taco salad. Don’t get me wrong I love a good taco salad, but I needed crunch but without the shell. This is where the green pepper joins the picture.
So let’s make this delicious meal- which takes 30 minutes and minimum dishes.
What do you need…..
- 1 lb lean hamburger ( enough for 2)
- 1 package of taco seasoning. I use Ortega.
- Green pepper (2)
Cheese (taco blend is where it’s at)
Taco sauce (your choice)
- Chop and sauté burger until thoroughly cooked. Add 1/4 cup of water and seasoning packet. You want juicy taco meat so it doesn’t dry up when you bake it. If you need a little more water– add as needed.
- Core green pepper and cut into halves
- Add 1 Tbsp of taco sauce to each halve bottom and then stuff with meat.
- Drizzle taco sauce on top
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. 20 minutes gives you the crunchy feel of a taco shell but not too much crunch.
All the fixings
- Add your tomatoes and shredded cheese to top it.
- If you love other veggies on your tacos– add them. You can never have too many!
All the great taste of a crunchy delicious taco– minus the carbs with a shell!
These mini cast were the absolute best size for making this pepper dish! The size is key because too much pan and your pepper will dry out without moisture the bottom. The best thing about cooking this dish in cast, simple hot water and little scrub, dry over stove top heat and it’s back to your fresh, clean, non-stick cast.
Details here— https://amzn.to/2ILc7Nx