Perfect for Summer BBQs, Spiralized Summer Squash Italian Salad is full of delicious pepperoni, cheeses, and fresh vegetables. Go ahead have another bowl!
Summer squash is so delicious to chop and roast, slice and grill, but spiralizing and combing with a Italian meats and cheeses is the perfect way to ditch the pasta and lighten a classic dish! Spiralizing squash is an art. The art of making delicious vegetable noodles that are not watery or mushy. It is possible when making Spiralized Summer Squash Italian Salad so let’s dive in and find out how!
- Zucchini Spirals
- Butternut Squash Spirals
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese cubed
- Mozzarella cheese cubed
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Pepperoni cubed
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Spiralized Summer Squash Italian Salad
First, prep the vegetable noodles by washing the vegetables and processing the zucchini and butternut squash through a spiralizer. I like to use a thicker spiral for this recipe. Once they are spiraled, add them to the water and bring to a boil.
Next, as the noodles come to a boil, prepare the meat and cheese chunks that will be added.
Next, in a separate bowl combine red wine, oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Whisk together lightly, then pour over salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add Parmesan Cheese over the Spiralized Summer Squash Italian Salad and mix thoroughly.
Chill for 30 minutes before sharing. What I love about this lightened recipe is it’s not drowning in Italian Dressing. This recipe perfectly combines great tasting Italian seasoning, with fresh vegetables that make up this delicious guilt free salad
Let’s talk about what you can do with the cheese in this recipe. Daiya Foods makes delicious artisan flavor Dairy-Free block cheese. They recently released a new blended style that is called the Cutting Board Collection. The flavor is delicious. It makes it so easy to adjust to this lifestyle when you have flavorful cheese to adapt with!
More BBQ Ready Salad
Spiralized Summer Squash Italian Salad
- 8 oz Zucchini Spirals
- 8 oz Butternut Squash Spirals
- 1/8 c Olive oil
- 1/8 c Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese cubed
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 c Cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz Pepperoni cubed
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- Place the butternut squash and zucchini spirals into a pot, and cover with water. Place on the stove over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the “noodles” becomes more tender, but still have a bit of crunch to them.
- Strain the veggie spirals, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl with the veggie spirals, add in the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and pepperoni. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir with a whisk to combine well.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the veggie mixture in the large bowl, and toss to coat.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the mixture, and stir to combine.
- Chill, and serve cold. Store uneaten “pasta” salad in an airtight container.