Rolled Chicken Cordon Bleu will be a favorite healthy low carb chicken recipe by your family. It is a perfectly easy baked chicken recipe to make after a busy work day.
The new year is almost here and this is the perfect main dish to offset the amazing holiday meals you have been enjoying. This low carb main dish option can be paired with the delicious Creamed Sweet Potatoes for a healthier side option.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a meal that can be made into a delicious casserole or a simple rolled and stuffed chicken breast to minimize the cheese and breading for a low carb, low calorie option. I plan on preparing the casserole in the future. The rolled chicken breast was such a hit in our house.
Rolling your chicken breast keeps your chicken layers thin, which ultimately means your chicken will stay deliciously juicy.
To perfectly tenderize your meat without all the splash mess, I recommend this Chef Master BBQ Tenderizer.
Tenderizing your chicken breast makes it that much easier to roll out. Using your cutting board, take your rolling pin and roll out your chicken.
Tools I used to roll out my chicken breast you can get here>
Chicken Cordon Bleu is specific to swiss cheese and ham. To be sure I utilized the best, low sodium ham, I used Black Forest Low Sodium Ham.
I haven’t tried this because I am very partial to original cordon bleu but if you do not like swiss cheese but still want to make this recipe, use your favorite cheese. Cheese is a melty recipe ingredient that can easily be substituted for your preferred tastes.
Place 1 slice of swiss cheese and 1 slice of black forest ham in your chicken breast and carefully roll chicken breast as tight as possible. Once rolled, place in a bowl of Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs. The light coating is perfect for this recipe because you want that little bit of breading for your traditional cordon bleu but you want it light so it is still low carb and will fit perfectly into your specific meal plans.
I baked my Cordon Bleu for 30-45 minutes. I am very cautious when baking chicken. It is a must that it is completely cooked.
Rolled Cordon Bleu
- 2 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Slices Baked Virginia Low Sodium Ham
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Seasoned Pank Bread Crumbs
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Remove Chicken from packaging and clean the excess skin and pieces from the edges. Once clean, tenderize your meat with a tenderizer tool.
- Roll Chicken. Tenderizing the chicken makes it easier to roll. Take rolling pin and roll your chicken to a thinner breast.
- In rolled chicken breast, add 1 slice of swiss cheese and 1 slice of ham.
- Tightly roll your chicken breast then roll in the panko bread crumbs. Roll lightly in the bread crumbs so you have a thin layer.
- Place in baking pan and bake for 30-45 minutes. I give this range because it truly depends on how thick the chicken breast is.
- Cut and Serve.