This post contains Affiliate Links. Please see Disclosure Policy.
Oven Roasted Turnips are a delicious twist to creating a low carb side for your evening meal. The best part about roasting this delicious side dish is they are an easy dish but also packs all the flavor of ranch seasons with garlic and onion.
In our home, a potato is the forever staple to each and almost every dinner meal. When I first floated the idea of turnips to Ryan, he was a bit skeptical of my creation, but he gave it a try for me. It turns out, he agrees that when we are cutting carbs for the day, these are a delicious alternative and they taste great.
Some of my favorite creations start by pairing with the perfect main course:
What is also great about these tasty turnips, they make a great appetizer to stick with a toothpick and share!
Making these are as simple as combining the first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and stirring well.
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
Slice your turnips in half and line the bottom of your baking dish, sliced side down.
Finally, pour the combined ingredients over the turnips and add the salt and pepper to taste. I specifically did not add a measurement here because everyone’s preference to salt and pepper is different. You should add the salt and pepper to your liking.
Bake until browned and tender, then enjoy!
Garlic Ranch Roasted Turnips
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 6 Small Turnips
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, ranch seasoning, garlic powder and onions powder. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the butter mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish, and spread out evenly.
- Place the turnips cut side down into the casserole dish on top of the butter mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to the turnips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the turnips are softened and browned
- Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.