Italian Hoagie Salad is the best way to enjoy an Italian Hoagie without the bread. It is perfect for any cookout or family gathering you are attending.
September is rich for delicious garden fresh vegetables and Farmer’s Markets. This is one of many reasons I love turning my favorite hoagie into a healthy salad. A family vacation wasn’t a vacation without packed italian hoagies for the drive.
The ingredients are simple. What are your favorite salad ingredients? I used lettuce, tomatoes, pepperoncini, carrots, cucumbers, radish, and kale. Gather the vegetable ingredients of your choice, chop, and combined together. To complete the Italian Hoagie Salad cut the Black Forest Ham, Salami, and Pepperoni into squares and place them onto salad. Sprinkle the salad with oregano and drizzle with Italian dressing.
Did you notice I left the cheese off this delicious salad? I chose to make this dish without cheese specifically because I am lactose intolerant. However, these are my favorite substitutions you can make.
- Daiya Vegan Provolone Cheese slices instead provolone made from milk. Additionally, they have pepper jack, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese.
- Turkey pepperoni is a healthier alternative without sacrificing the taste.
Italian Hoagie Salad
- Romaine Lettuce and Kale
- Black Forest Ham
- Provolone Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Chop the Romaine Lettuce and Kale to make a bed on plate
- Slice- Tomatoes, Onions, Carrots, and Cucumbers
- Cut Pepperoni, Salami, and Provolone Cheese into squares
- Layer on bed of lettuce