More please–will be all you and your children are saying when they scrape their plates clean with this to die for sweet potato tot casserole. Baked to perfection and popping with all the right flavors!
Where are my I love tater tots but choose to eat healthy people at? Okay, I get it we all love our certain foods!! I could eat tots for days!
I have learned to replace those tots with cauliflower, sweet potato tots, and broccoli tots. They are just as delicious just half the calories, less carbs. I made a tater tot casserole before and was just so in love with it but that was before my healthy life style changes. Now conscious of what I consume, I chose to implement veggie tots into my casseroles.
I made a chicken tot casserole that was delicious.
What you need….
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 can cream or chicken (go with low fat)
- Fresh garlic
- Green onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Your favorite veggie tot of choice.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place in cast iron pan with 1/2 chicken brother and bake for 30-40 minutes. You want to be sure your chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked.
- Place on cutting board and shred
- Mix together cream of chicken soup and chicken and place in chicken broth leftover in your cast iron. Get all that extra flavor.
- Top with your favorite veggie tots (I used sweet potato/cauliflower tots.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until your tots are crispy on top. That gives you the crunchy bites.
Garnish with green onions and parsley.
For more delicious recipes– follow me!