This post contains affiliate links. See disclosure Policy.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It also happens to be be most important meal of the day to kick start your metabolism and have energy.
Breakfast mess is one of the easiest meals to whip up for just you, breakfast for two, or a meal for the family when you have hungry screaming kids.
There a lot of options and different ways you can make your mess, however I just made mine with what I had in the fridge. If you are not a peppers or onion person, leave them out. Your mess will still taste amazing and have lots of powerful protein to kickstart your day.
What you will need….
- Non stick cooking pan. I use cast iron, however if you do not have one, any non-stick stove top pan will do.
- 2 Red potatoes
- Green onions
- Anaheim pepper or green pepper
- Turkey bacon
- 2 Eggs & Egg Whites
- Low fat butter
The great thing about a breakfast mess, it doesn’t matter how you like your potatoes. They will still give you the same great taste.
- I cut my potatoes into 1/2 chunks, they are my favorite.
- I chunk my potatoes first and cook first since they take the longest
I season my potatoes win a little bit of salt and pepper to taste. I do melt 1 tablespoon of butter in my cast. This will help the potatoes to get golden brown but perfectly tender. I continue my toss the potatoes to keep them from getting too brown on one side.
Start the rest….
Add as much peppers and onions are you want. I do 1/4 cup of each. I love my veggies.
- Chop Anaheim or Green Bell Pepper and onion about a 1/4 inch. This will give them a little time to cook to gettender as the potatoes finish.
- Toss your peppers and onions in with the potatoes so they get the delicious flavoring.
- Continue to toss
- Quick & Easy: stack about 6 slices of turkey bacon and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss in with your potatoes and continue to turn.
Once you have your peppers, onion, and turkey bacon in— your delicious breakfast is just about done.
Last is the eggs! I love a protein packed breakfast. It keep me feeling full and energized.
- 2 Eggs + 4 tablespoons of egg whites
- Whisk together— season with salt & pepper
The secret to having fluffy egg chunks in your mess without messing another dish! Say what?!?
Your potatoes, peppers, onion, and turkey bacon is all cooked perfectly. Slide them all to one side of your pan. Take your spatula and bowl of whisked eggs and pour slowly in the empty side of the pan. Scrambling and keeping them careful on their side of the pan. Once your finish slowly pouring the eggs in, keep the separate just a minute more while you scramble them into chunks. Don’t forget about your other side of the pan though, even on low heat one side could brown too much. So while you wait for the eggs to cook a little more, toss your potatoes , peppers, onions, and turkey bacon.
Last thing, mix it all together. If your like me, you hate messing a bunch of dishes just to eat your meals. I am a minimalist dish cooker.
Maybe now your thinking, okay I need that cast! Check out my link below to one of my favorite cast dishes.