My favorite way to cook meats> cast irons! We use our cast irons for stove top cooking and for baking. The flavor pops, meats are evenly browned, ( unless you burn one side), and their quick and easy to clean.
Italian Pepper Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup light Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped Anaheim Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- Cut each chicken breast in half. They will cook more evenly.
- Drizzle cast iron pan with olive oil and place chicken breasts in with garlic. Continue to turn chicken frequently to cook evenly for about 8-10 minutes. Continue to add olive oil to keep from drying up.
- While chicken cooks, chop the anaheim pepper and onion and begin to prepare the cucumber tomato salad.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Seedless cucumbers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mild pepper
- Sherry or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella pearls
- Slice cucumbers into about 1/4 inch slices and place in bowl.
- Wash cherry tomatoes and place in bowl. (I used fresh garden cherry tomatoes when making this recipe, however if your tomatoes are larger, cut in half)
- 1 Mild Pepper. Remove the core from pepper and slice in rings.
- 2 Tbsp of Sherry vinegar (or white if you do not have sherry)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix to evenly distribute the vinegar over vegetables.
Set the salad aside and finish chicken
- Drizzle chicken with Italian dressing
- Mix peppers and onions into cast iron with chicken.
- Continue to turn chicken for about 5 more minutes to soften the peppers and onions.
- Remove heat.
Plate it. Lastly, top your portioned cucumber salad with mozzarella pearls and enjoy chicken.